Background

Monday 28 December 2009

Life seems to be getting faster

My middle son turned 8 today and although I do feel like the time has been spent doing good things, I do feel like I have been robbed of him. Where did that sweet little boy go to? He has given me lots of laughs and smiles and equal amounts of heartache and frustration. It just seems as though they grow quicker every day.
I cling on to the moments when he thinks a house costs about £1000 and a car costs about £2000. Still no clue. Thank goodness his innocence is still intact.
I counted my grey hairs the other day and had to give up. It was taking too long and it was straining my eyes. Had to put my glasses on. That made me feel even older.
I have never understood why people go under the knife for vanity's sake but I am very close to seeing how some might be swayed.
Actually I am quite looking forward to being older but the transformation in getting there seems to be rapid and shocking. I think if we just went from youthful to 'oldful' in one swoop it might be easier to accept. You know, wake up one morning and just 'be' old. I think its the dread and the unknown that scares us into being vain.
As for my son, he's happy with his gappy smile and his skinny legs. Good on him. I hope he stays happy with his lot. I might even take a page out of his book and start to enjoy the time I'm given instead of wasting it away worrying and causing even more grey hairs.
Happy Birthday Jack Oliver xxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to this! I'm fighting the whole aging thing kicking and screaming, but it's not helping. The only thing we can do is surrender to it and enjoy each moment, as you say. Sounds so easy...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean Soph!

    My eldest has just turned 21, my daughter will be 18 on 3 Jan, I will be 39 on 3 Jan... Where have the years gone??!! Nick is *already* planning my 40th for 2011 - I don't even want to *think* about that!!

    :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Soph (Vix and Thea) you youngsters worrying about growing old. Look at you all, gorgeous all of you. Lifes too short to worry about getting old just need to enjoy as much of this life as we can. Live for today,have fun and smile a lot.. :):)

    ReplyDelete

feel free to make any comment guys. I can take it.

Rotating Banner Ads